View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2011, 22:00 (Ref:2954152)   #23
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
It is easy to say budgets should be cut, but exactly how do you propose to reduce the costs? Most teams that I deal with are working on very thin margins, and do not waste money.
I am not talking margins (i.e. I am not accusing teams of ripping drivers off) but anything that adds to the cost of racing. In the case of Formula 3 it's a million of things on the car, the unlimited engines, fees, circuit hire, whatever. In the case of BFR one could argue about the value of racing with the BTCC given that teams can't attract sponsors (in contrast with other support series on the same package). One could even wonder if the BFR can ever be competitive again given the Euro series has better circuits, better price and better prize for the champion?

On the other hand for F3 it's ironic how everybody recognized that F3 should change yet progress has been non existant. Of course anyone is free to close their eyes and start signing the "we are the university of motorsport" tune

To get back to your question I don't have the numbers so I can't say. I just made a few educated guesses, right or wrong. However that wasn't my point and since I sense that you are more aware of facts and figures allow me to ask you back: do you reckognise that there is a problem and if so how would you restore British junior championships as the most desirable in Europe?