View Single Post
Old 3 May 2017, 10:37 (Ref:3730731)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I don't know if you know Silverstone now Bert, but the track is behind where the new Wing is, so it's not that far to walk.

I have no idea about viewing, I would think they might bring in stands etc, as of now there are earth banks about 3 feet high around the whole track perimeter, that might in fact stay to stop cars going on the track, as I think the main reason they have built it mainly dirt is to make cleanup of the Stowe circuit tarmac very easy, so they are hardly using any of it!!

There are no real spectator areas near there, but IMG don't give a damn about that, it will be like Mettet I think, huge area of crowd miles from the action, and some special areas you can maybe get to on the edges of the layout.

But I think it might be OK, certainly more modern than Lydden and definitely a proper rallycross track, not a dumbed down, broken tarmac and concrete drifting arena.
I've not been to Silverstone for years (and the last time I was there I was at the Stowe circuit - the 'pitwall' there was interesting to say the least!). I guess it'll be catch fencing and temporary grandstands - so it's a 'no' from me - I like unobstructed views and the freedom to move about. I'll give 2018 a miss and see what it looks like before making a decision about future events there.

In other news for this years event Oliver Bennett will be competing at Lydden:

http://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/be...ionship-outing