View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2017, 12:58 (Ref:3765863)   #18
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
PMR would be perfectly entitled to claim force majeure and not field the second car at Silverstone.

It is a medical exclusion that is stopping Chilton from racing so the team may elect to save some money/accident damage and not take 2 cars. Senna is leading the Jack Sears Trophy but neither team or drivers are in line for the major championships.
I don't think that would be the case. Their entry is for every event in the season, and there is nothing wrong with the car preventing them from entering.
There is also provision in the regulations for a substitute driver so no force majeure is stopping them racing.
Finally, given the Gow publicity centred around 'manufacturer' involvement, I'm certain he would be seen to see someone in the car.
The purpose of TBL's included prevention of withdrawal due to cost, so potential costs wouldn't be tolerated as a reason to withdraw.