Thread: 2018 TCR UK
View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2017, 17:56 (Ref:3766877)   #186
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Where are you booking flights? I've tried finding decent cheap flights around the UK, but driving always ends up cheaper. Cheapest I've ever seen Edinburgh/East Midlands at is £100+ per person. Cheaper to drive even in my relatively uneconomical 45mpg Fiesta. I've got to do a week in Bristol next year, and no matter how I spin it, the 450 mile drive is cheaper than flying and/or train. Sometimes hiring a car and driving is still cheaper than the other options.

320 miles for a racing event is nothing IMO. Happily did that for Donington trips back in the day, and LM is almost 900.
Yeah exactly! WGI is 300 miles from my house, and I did that twice this year on weekend trips. Heading to a big event in two weeks that's 350mi, not batting an eye.

Then again, it's like the old saying - "In Europe, 100 miles is far, in America, 100 years is old."

I always thought it was SUPER embarrassing for those BTCC teams that wouldn't go to Knockhill because it was "too far."