View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2021, 11:30 (Ref:4085262)   #150
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Why everyone here is a lightweight motor sport fan except you.
I did not say everyone here is a lightweight motorsport fan, even though I've pointed such fingers previously at some.

I said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Only a person not interested in motor racing in a lightweight community thinks lumping a single 1000km in with 10 meetings of 3x20min is a good idea.

It's a community lacking in substance, and they just do whatever it takes for vested interests/cliques to get by. That's why they change their tune.
There's nothing wrong this this.

The "person" I was referring in to particular was Tony Cochrane, and he is not someone interested in motor racing. It was his idea to lump Bathurst with a series of 10rounds x 3heats x 20mins races at the time.

It was a lazy idea that that did not enhance the ATCC as a motor racing competition, and had actually diminished Bathurst (If you count the current B1000 with the original ARDC run B1000), even though it generated commercial success. The fact no prominent Aus motorsport identity even queried the merit of it is a reflection of motor racing in Australia being a smaller culture.

Cochrane being seen as successful is a reflection of motor racing in Australia being a smaller culture. He would not succeed as an admin in any bigger, more mature racing cultures in the world (Both Indy and Nascar, UK/European and Japanese).

Australian motor racing is still affected by the legacy of this bozo. Nobody knows how to get out of it.