View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2513806)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race 3 - 1950's Sports Car Team Challenge (continued)

I don't know what happened to Andy Shepherd at the start because he was well back in the pack despite having qualified 5th. However, he really entertained with his press on driving, the AC Ace (5) displayiong a considerable degree of roll. He had charged back up to 3rd by the end and, by my reckoning, sealed the team win for the 'Ace of Diamonds' team. Car 7 is the Austin Healey 100M of Austen Wells who finished 8th. A member of the 'Healey Hares' team, I think that they would have secured the team win had Pangbourne not run out of fuel. Pic 3 shows Louise Kennedy's Lancia Aurelia B20 (65). I spoke at some length to her about the car during the meeting; she loves the way it drives and it suits her down to the ground. Louise was by far the quickest of the B20s in the race, lapping some 4 seconds quicker than her team mates, made a great start although did drop back after quicker cars got by but still finished 13th. Car 48 is Stephen Chapman's Sunbeam Alpine Harrington, last of the classified runners. There was a good battle between Bryn Griffiths Alpine (88) and Peter Shaw's Alfa Romeo Guilia Sprint (79) which was resolved very much in the Alfa's. In fact Shaw was a late and welcome addition to this field and his drive was rewarded with a fine 4th place. Finally, the third of the Aurelia B20s was that of Tim Burrett (30) who finished 15th.

Even now I haven't found room for 3 of the Astons, but they did appear in Race 1 and at least one, the DB2 (but see pic 2 of of #18) Anne Reed who finished 5th in this race, will appear in a later race.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6007wl6.jpg   IMG_6039wl6.jpg   IMG_6052wl6.jpg  

IMG_6067wl6.jpg   IMG_6121wl6.jpg   IMG_6127wl6.jpg  

Last edited by John Turner; 3 Aug 2009 at 09:27.