View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2019, 19:09 (Ref:3918630)   #75
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
The S365.fm thing is just an audio version of their web site. But there is a lot of professionalism from the S365 crew and they are the younger millennial generation. Its the late baby boomer/early gen x crowd that does exactly what you are talking about. I hate that S365 gets a bad rap on the forum. Racing is better for having them around.
S365.fm is a bit more than just an audio version of a website. There's discussion on the podcast which doesn't work in article form. Podcasts are getting big now, with Apple and Spotify going into production of them, and podcast apps getting really good. We're approaching the iTunes / Netflix time for podcasts where they're about to become mainstream. The bar is being raised, and the quality is higher than ever. If your audio is broken or your RSS feed is days late then you're going to get left behind.

I don't see what it has to do with generations.

S365 is criticised for partaking in click-bait. However, I think it's worth mentioning that the writing quality (of the site) and audio production quality (of the podcast) far outstrips all of their competitors at the moment. The tone of the podcast is also very different from a lot of the others. There is a lot less entitlement.

I wouldn't say I'm a "fan" of S365, but credit where it is due.