View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2012, 16:36 (Ref:3163779)   #13
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Agree that £3k below "market value" is probably what it takes to sell an old car, which is why I set it £4k below the official valuation (which is an agreed market value with my insurer). I'm not so desperate to sell it that I would go lower. I'd rather wait for the right buyer / market conditions.

Yes it has a current mot/tax etc. Like I said in the O/P it's a basically sound reliable car with some cosmetic issues and none-standard parts on it. The former is rust bubbles along the bottom edges of the doors and front wings, very tatty carpets, and that the front seats and door cards have been renewed in "simulated" leather. There's also a small dent in the roof and a rusty bottom edge on the boot lid. The latter is that someone has made an attempt to make a Coombs Racer replica out of it. It's not a bad job, but not great. In fact, most of the bits fitted for the purpose are probably worth more on ebay than on the car!

As for GT's suggestion of turning it into a racer... well there are much better places to start. Like a bare shell and chassis! Sorry, that's not a go at you Graham, just that it would be a world of pain.