View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 2019, 18:31 (Ref:3924254)   #22
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why would Red Bull not like that?

1. It's unlikely they would be a threat on track.
2. I think Honda could provide three teams from an infrastructure perspective
3. More teams running the engine provides more data for long term reliability (and where they can push reliability to extract more performance). I think part of the advantage Mercedes has is that they have a ton of data on the longevity of various bits in the engine. And in what scenarios they can push the performance without it impacting reliability to the point that they run into power unit component allocation issues.

Isn't there a rule that limits the number of teams for a single provider? Is Mercedes and Ferrari at that limit now? Would it have to be Renault or Honda?

Richard