View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2011, 17:54 (Ref:2930461)   #99
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Driver View Post
The only thing I see an AC unit would be required and the cabin will have to get little bigger and perhaps the whole car would grow bigger too. But now we have LM Prototypes not a Formula...unless if the canopt is very simple one just to act as a sheild.

Also further R&D in making F1 helmets safer. In the military they have Kevlar suits that shields agains small mines and gernades. Why not use that technology there if it is not yet used?
Not sure that touring cars (or anything enclosed) have AC, and they seem to be fine ventilation wise - remember there is a 60->190mph airstream for all you aircon needs.

The helmets are even now very impressive (Already use carbon kevlar I believe http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/sa...hing/7438.html), but the point of the canopy is to deflect debris before it hits the helmet, thus avoiding broken necks. If you are hit on the head by a wheel doing 100mph, I'm not sure any sort of helmet is going to help.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.