Thread: Lites / LMP3
View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2015, 02:46 (Ref:3500682)   #321
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I can't attend the races (for obvious reasons) but on web I've never seen anyone care of the class. Not positively. Except maybe couple of years ago in ALMS qualifying when they had pretty damn close sessions and couple of people were rather intrigued by the gaps there, but what would you expect from spec class? How can one 'love' it?

That category is like Indy Lights with the ages old Dallara chassis.

LMPC have always been seen as grid fillers by majority - and that was their original intention too of course in the US, let's not kid ourselves. LMP3 could be something more
I'll go out on a limb here and say I actually find the class to be entertaining. The last two years at Daytona and Sebring shouldn't cast the class in a negative light. The "regular" races have been pretty good, you get to see some top talent - established pros and up and coming youngsters teamed with guys nice enough to fund the operation. Qualy is especially nice.