Thread: Lites / LMP3
View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2015, 11:52 (Ref:3500804)   #325
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Remember that racing is still a sport primarily for the competitors not the fans.
Basically it's the competitor who pays the bills. In motorsports, teams and drivers finance their sport 100% (wether the money comes from sponsors, own private business etc.). Here in Scandinavia even golfers receive public assistance from taxpayers.

So, why then listen wise-guys who just despise their cars, sporting regulations and such no matter how you try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
or the ones that do go and spend 5 minutes taking a selfie, 2 minutes running on the treadmill, and lift 2 sets of weights really poorly.

of course, that the opinions of people who aren't able to get trackside and roll up their sleeves are valid, but the opinion giver and the listener should bear in mind that they're one dimensional. if you get to go to races, and know people involved then you've got a bit more of the picture. but only as much as you can gather or that people are willing to share.

but NOBODY has the full picture. it's simply not possible.
For me, doing some marshaling has given me a tiny bit wider view of the sport. Though I've been only as a part of timing and scoring personnel at dirt bike races, but still as a marshal you see lots of things you wouldn't see as a spectator or through the telly. Of course, if one is too proud to participate as a marshal in other vacancy than waving the chequered flag in Monte Carlo, then I feel sorry for them.

Last edited by BudLightJaguar; 4 Feb 2015 at 12:02.