View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2009, 22:11 (Ref:2404944)   #9
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R59
That's one idea - and I do hope it comes off.

I hear also that the owner of the Croix circuit in France is entertaining the idea of building an oval - I guess something 1/2mile to 1km...

If only Silverstone had pursued the 1/2mile banked - a-la Bristol oval that some of it's member proposed as part of the re-development a few years back, the world might be a different place now.

Me, I'm not interested in sub-1/2mile paved ovals - thought I could be tempted by a 3/8mile dirt oval in a Late Model dirt car......(I offered to bring one in from the 'States a few years back and demo it at NASA Autograss events, and got knocked back with all sorts of reasons why I couldn't do it) (also - not interested in Lydden or Mallory Oval - they're not proper ovals (banked, wall, stadium type, etc..).

And one more if only - the Velodrome built for the Olympics were built as a 33degree banked concrete oval, 1000m long (5/8mile), with enough space infield for two pitlanes (front and back stretch).... if you see where I'm going with this.....
And had a decent capacity grandstand....
It could be used by the spandex trousered types, as well as petrolheads....(running on Bio-fuel of course - to keep the greenies placated)

As I said on the official V8 Trophy forum - may you have the very best of luck with this, and to add that I hope it grows, because if it grows and circuits are built that meet my "criteria", I'll be there like a dog with two tails.

Rob.
Sometimes you just have to compromise in order to be part of building towards the bigger picture & it might be better to have 60% of something near than a 100% of "Sweet F.A"!