View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2014, 07:10 (Ref:3477186)   #764
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Does Riley have a European partner that acts/could act as a distributor? If not, then perhaps that is off-putting for European teams because it would mean parts would have to be shipped in from the US as they were needed, or the team would have to spend up front for a big spares package to ensure they wouldn't have to wait for parts to be delivered.

I was surprised we didn't see more of the GT3 Vipers too. The older CC seemed pretty popular over there and I would have thought that with GT3 being the same mix of cars in every series that a team might have snatched a few up and used the fact that they were the only Vipers on the grid as a selling point to drivers/sponsors being able to stand out more than yet another 458/SLS/Z4/R8.

I don't think we will see any Cadillacs in privateer hands either though, as much as I would like to. This seems more like a factory PWC effort than it does an effort to build and sell a GT3 car.
I did see a video of a viper testing at spa recently, but that is literally the only one i know of over here in Europe at the moment. Not even sure what team it was to be honest.

EDIT: It was R Team Raceart