View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2021, 06:37 (Ref:4058094)   #1041
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My letter was posted on 17th June from Le Mans and arrived the following Monday, 21st June.

It is basically a hard copy of the online 'commande' on your order history with various options of what you can do (apply credit note and accept the ticket order in full, amend ticket order and apply credit note and receive refund for balance, refuse ticket order and request full refund).

Although the format of the letter is such that you assume you need to complete it and return it by post, you don't have to do this and can complete your ticket order over the phone, which is very straightforward, the staff in the ticket office are fully up to speed and have answers to any questions you might have and are extremely helpful.

In my case I simply reduced the ticket order over the phone. The person I spoke to was able to tell me the seat numbers reserved in T17 (which are the exact seats we have every year) and the exact parking space in Parking Blanc. I was given the total cost of the tickets, the credit note was applied, the amount of the refund due given to me and I was told I would receive the refund form by email, which I will need to complete and return, within the next couple of weeks. Once they have processed the credit note payment and refund the e-tickets will be loaded online and made available for me to print off.

The letter states that tickets will be sent out by courier, must be signed for in person etc. etc. and will arrive no later than the week before the race. Ignore this, the goalposts have moved and they are no longer planning to send the tickets out. If you want proper printed tickets you can arrange to go to an ACO shop and get them printed out there (Rouen, Tours etc.).

I double checked regarding Mulsanne and Arnage enclosures and as long as you have purchased a parking ticket for Rouge or Blanc you will be able to gain access to the enclosures in your car (they are using the camping areas as car parking areas this year).

I assumed all letters were posted out the same day as mine, but maybe they did it in stages. But, the only way to take the guesswork out of what's going on with your ticket order is to give them a call.

So, tickets are sorted, but I sense it's curtains for any of us hoping to travel from the UK, given that 'German style' quarantine restrictions for people travelling to France from the UK will inevitably be put in place over the next few days.

Now ramping up the planning/organisation of Plan B....