Thread: GT Open 2021
View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4034965)   #16
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
GT Open previously allowed GTE, and barely any ran in the final year of running GTE.

As my post above says, we have the same number of announced entries this time of year as we did last year.

People freak out every year at grid numbers being low 2-3 months before the season starts.

You have to wait for teams to announce their entries in line with their sponsorship obligations and driver signings.

Grid count in early February is absolutely zero reflection on how many cars will be on track at the start of the season. That applies for every series. GTWC Europe have barely announced any cars yet, doesn’t mean they will struggle for grid count
You are right about the timing. Cars will come in right before it starts. However, if GT Open wants to distinguish themselves from SRO and ADAC, then they should allow GTE cars to run. In early 2010's that was the reason why the series got my attention. I wanted to see GTE and GT3 cars on the same track at the same time and compare them. IMSA has that but they BoP the GTD class down intentionally I think. Plus they have the tire difference between GTLM and GTD....won't be an issue after this year of course :-)