View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2012, 00:34 (Ref:3138758)   #23
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Humour me here but I cannot remember Frosty ever putting in a "great" drive like a from back of the grid win like Lowndes or Whincup or other greats have done. If he wins, he will win from the front, but I am skeptical we'll ever see greatness from him in the enduros, especially Bathurst, he's just never looked special up there. I guess FPR have done everything else to lose it for him up there too, and they do have the speed this year.
Well he raced pretty well in the Sandown 500 last week, started on the grid from 15th place to take a poduim finish is remarkable, so he does and can perform in the longer races and if he drove like that at next months Bathurst, he'll be up there for a chance to take out a win.

Off topic: they should have a Production race during (before) the Bathurst 1000, have the AMG C63, FPV R-Spec and HSV R8 gunning for it to see who takes the crown as the fastest production car in Australia, and laps the Bathurst in the quickest and also the Altima with another engine with similar performance. certainly counts for bragging rights