View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2022, 07:28 (Ref:4126948)   #3177
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Yeah, I thought about a Hurricane. Maybe even go cold war and include an Avro Vulcan, but I don't think any are flying anymore.
Not presently - although a one-time flight option is being considered for XH558 as part of relocation in the UK.

Two others are in a condition to be able to taxi:
XL426 is in the UK at London Southend Airport (Note, that's not in London )
XM655 is in the UK at Wellesbourne Mountford Airfield and regularly stands-in for filming duties. It was also used by pilots of XH558 for familiarity training. This frame was subject to a recent over-shoot of the taxiway.

If anyone in the US wants to get up close to see one - the following are all on display:

XM606 - Bossier City, Louisiana - Barksdale Global Power Museum
XM605 - Atwater, California - Castle Air Museum
XM573 - Ashland, Nebraska - Strategic Air and Space Museum

as well as the following in Canade:
XL361 - Goose Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador - CFB Goose Bay

So if we want to see a Vulcan at a future F1 race (vein attempt to keep this post on-topic ) - Omaha GP 2025!!!!