View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2711094)   #10
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawUloN View Post
Thanks for pointing these issues. I've got still some questions.

Is the scale of the circuit right? Length/width?

How about the runoffs. I understand that their shape should be modified, but what about their size? I can see, that you added much smaller gravel traps. Maybe I overestimated them?

I may also alter the pitlane entrance, so there will be small runoff area.

And about the exit. Should there be barrier between the actual gravel and the pitlane exit around it?
1.Ohh you can never have too much run-off but you can have too little!
The area you laid out after the parabolica is very good for my eyes exept that it ends at the turn exit, which is where you will likely see cars spinning around and getting hi-sided from bikes, so you shall extend it to where vehicles are straight up, you were just a tad short, but nothing really catastrophic. We have come to an understanding that 1 foot/MPH of energy absorbing material is a good rule of the thumb, so if your straight is long enough for 100MPH then 100ft at least should be planned. The reason I did smaller areas is because the expectes speeds are slower than at the end of the main straight.

2.The pit entrance, although it looks similar to the exit, given the fact that the speeds around that area are slower and the natural race line seems to be on the inside, its not that bad, exept in a wet race where you might see vehicles sliding into slower, incoming traffic. It is not catastrophic but it could have been better, IMHO.

3.Pit out shall have a barrier, yes.

If your circuit is 17 meters wide, thats pretty big but thats a good thing, Miller Motorsports has 50 foot wide sections were racers can choose radically different lines, making it one of the best circuits I've seen!

Keep up your work!