View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2021, 07:03 (Ref:4074005)   #229
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB5yhZdF8SI

5:12 onwards. Pretty fair and comparable pass from last year. Sainz was a little further along the road than Verstappen this year but Kimi opened his steering slightly and gave room.
Yes both good clean passes but I'd stand by my comments.
In both cases the car on the outside was fully alongside. (I'm including Stroll at the 2nd chicane)
Raikkonen on the inside therefore had to give room and was unable to take the chicane at his normal RACING speed.

The drivers being overtaking had their speed through the chicane compromised because they were being overtaken
In effect both overtakes began under braking, before turning in. So both over takes were well under way before they entered the chicane.
It can be done but it requires the co-operation of the driver being overtaken.

This is nothing like the HAM/Max situation on Sunday. In both cases in 2020 the overtaking car was well forward of where Max was relative to Ham.
Sainz at Rettifilo was even slightly forward of the car on the inside. He HAD to be given room

Last edited by Teretonga; 15 Sep 2021 at 07:15.