View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2014, 23:15 (Ref:3452730)   #62
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
There's so many drivers that haven't a dime to rub together, can't get on the F1 grid, yet so searingly deserve to be on that grid on the back of their driving ability. So, yes, it's not unreasonable to occasionally reflect in disappointment when some mediocrity barges past an impoverished hotshot, pockets packed with parents cash and be a little frustrated at that.

We all want the best of the best to be on that grid and when that doesn't happen, it's a cause of understable frustration. It's also an inevitable state of affairs given the cash intensive character of the sport.

But I kind of like the characters who weren't quite up to the mark but got on the back of the grid on the cheque of powerful backers, daddy or otherwise, despite not being the best. As long as there isn't too many of them, I find it interesting. It's traditional too. That kind of thing has always been a part of the sport.