View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3719383)   #30
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
think we need to remember that the difference between a number 1 and very good number 2 driver is miniscule in f1...when the number 2 driver is given a chance to race and not just play the supporting roll.

Rosberg was fast, but no match for Hamilton on his best days...but he was free to race and picked up the points when Hamilton had off days and mechanical faliures....and yes there were some races where rosberg was just that bit better.

I do wonder what schumachers number 2 drivers could have done given the chance...and how good he was compared to them given equal treatment.

I expect Bottas to challenge Hamilton, how much he can match lewis when he has his good days or mentally when the mind games start only time will tell.
Agree on Rosberg, he took advantage of Hamilton's mistakes/misfortunes to get wins

As for Schum'is teammates, I have a feeling Rubens could have done it given the chance, he already proved more than a match on several occasions