View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2017, 14:38 (Ref:3755469)   #14
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
I would have to disagree. I have watched every Xfinity and Truck race this year, and to me the field is full of great young drivers. The racing has been really good and they are all very professional.
Kyle Larson, Chase Elliot, Ryan Blaney, and the Dillon boys are in their early twenties. Bubba Wallace, Chris Buescher, Erik Jones and Alex Bowman have already made it to Cup. Cole Custer looks set for the #10 because his father is a VIP at SHR, and he can wheel a stock car just fine.
William Byron beat Menard, Logano, and Busch to win the Xfinity at Indy.
Yes I will did see Indy and that was a good race too. But as always the up and comers have to deal with the bushwackers, there is a good crop of new drivers there always is, it is the nurturing of track heros out side of a few and some we get pushed at us for new demographic hopes, Danica being I think the best example, a good driver an ok racer, a woman to capture alot of the other halves- more so than a super talent,
The target new is terrible, after 30 years with CGR, a great sponsor and look to the race cars, Indy and otherwise, yes sponsors come and go but this was an institution like Budweiser, Martinit or Gulf on racecars. It'll go on, the sting for me is in the 'soccer' move, the USA doesn't play the sport to push it, generations don't care and it is a popular fun game but not despite the effort going to be the premier or seria A or bundesliga, it was ignored for a century and will take a century to bring it back, target is moving less money to sponsor soccer than one team in Nascar, they may as well mention the spiralling costs there, every year it goes nuts, but this may be a different topic.

Any one hear rumors of Amazon sponsoring Chip Ganassi ? I just read it, a story friend of a friends cousin sort of thing from Chip's shop.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk