View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2010, 06:56 (Ref:2784768)   #6
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I doubt this is the finished car for Peugeot. I think it's retained some body work because the 908 itself wasn't a bad package to begin with. In the years it has raced, it's beaten Audi on almost every occasion bar LeMans. Audi is the one that would be needing something drastic in change if it's to keep pace with the 908. Though with new rules in terms of the engine, this could all be washed away. With the 90x though, you notice immediately it's a smaller car. It looks lower, a bit shorter as well. It's also more sculpted. Not sure if the front wheels are the same size as the rear. Maybe. But on Mulsanne corner's website they talk of the radiator cooling vents, they've been enlarged and look to be stronger than before. On the 908 they looked easy to punch through, as what happened in LeMans. But now it looks like it's 'stronger'. The vents that is.

What I wonder is if they could use 'blown exhaust' like they do in F1? Perhaps running the exhaust lower through the diffuser and out the rear bodywork. Not sure if that's legal, but it would be a neat idea to try out.