View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2007, 12:31 (Ref:1944885)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Woah, that's a good one!

Perhaps I can start the ball rolling!

As far as I know, a Les Small vk came over in 86 for Gricey to do ETC which was tended by Alan Docking when here. This car then stayed and was run by Mike O' Brien for the next 2 seasons in BTCC. The VK was upgraded to VL spec I believe and then had the big spoilers and splitters fitted. Not sure what happened to it after 1988 though?

Brockie also brought one over to do some '86 ETC. This car was then leased to Dave Cook to run Vince Woodman and John Cleland in TT perhaps with a view to one of them using it in BTCC the following year, but I think it might have gone back to HDT instead?

John Maguire ran a couple at the '87 TT for some people - I guess that was also leased from somoeone for that event?

Peter Barnes ran one in modified saloons in later 80's/early 90's but I don't know who's car that was to start with?

One or 2 cars went into Rallycross run by some Belgian people.

There was also a car or 2 in Dutch Grp A in late 80's as well?

I have little doubt other members will be able to fill out the details on these....

Last edited by chunterer; 13 Jan 2010 at 17:40.