Old 18 Feb 2019, 21:33 (Ref:3885107)   #29
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
boggissimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Good that at least there are some positives. The wagon always seemed much less valued, I guess because the saloon was the rally car. But as you say, a very useful multi-purpose car! Out of curiosity, have you Pom’d it with enabled airbag(s) or disabled. No idea on the rules for them!
The wagon is also of lower value because they only made the WRX version (for the UK at least). Only saloons were the top STI models here – bigger turbo, better brakes, semi-forged engine bits, 6 speed gearbox, adjustable centre diff etc. In Japan they did do an STI wagon up to 2001 but they are quite rare over here. A lot of my upgrades were to use STI bits but fundamentally the wagon is heavier and set up for lesser performance. Mine was running about 320 bhp.

I ran it in the Pom in 2017 and 2018 (my only entries), and won a couple of awards. There's nothing in the regs about airbags, but both mine went off as it was a sufficiently hard impact. In principle the Pom should be a road-going production car event, although that principle has always been tested somewhat!