View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2015, 19:54 (Ref:3567554)   #32
dcrs
Rookie

dcrs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dcrs

Hi all,

Just looked at this thread and found it quite interesting.

Brief outline:

1975 to 1984; Co owner of CC Racing in Kirkbymoorside with Pete Clark.
Built and ran Gp 1 Works Ford Capris for Gordon Spice Team with Gordon driving and other drivers included Pete, Chris Craft, Andy Rouse. In 1980 ran Capris for Vince Woodman and Jonathan Buncombe. 1983 Built and ran Gp A Opel Monza for Tony Lanfranchi.

Built and ran Capris for Belga in Spa 24Hours, winning in 1978 Gordon Spice/Teddy Pillette, 1979 and 1980 winning with Jean Michel and Phillippe Martin. During this time we built and suppled Capris to: Jeff Allam, Michel De Deyne, Alain and Freddie Semoulin, Roman Fietler and others.

We also ran various sports cars including Dorset Racing Lola T210 for Le Mans 24 Hours and other long distance races for Tony Birchenough, Pete Clark and Nick Mason. Ran De Cadenet dfv for Belga at Le Mans.

Also built Mini 1000's for Chris Lewis and obuilt various other race and rally cars.

In 1984 I set up Dave Cook Racing (DCRS) at Sheriff Hutton.

Built and ran Opel Monza production cars for GM Dealer Sport, John Cleland and Tont Lanfranchi. In 1987 to 1989 built and ran GMDS Vauxhall Carlton Thunder Saloon with John Cleland and Vince Woodman driving.

Built and ran Astra Touring Cars in 1989 for John Cleland and other Astras for Jeremy Rossiter and Louise Atkin Walker, won BTCC with John.

1990 to 1993 Built and ran Cavaliers for the works with John Cleland, Jeff Allam, Bob Berridge, Chris Hodgets, David Coulthard driving at various times. Nearly won BTCC again in 1992 but denied after last race incident with Steve Soper at Silverstone!

From 1994 to 1996 we built and I race engineered for Toyota South Africa Toyota Camry Touring cars in SA Championship, Julian Bailey, Serge Damseaux, Mike Smith.

Also designed and supplie suspension etc to Toyota New Zealand and race engineered in NZ Championship.

Ran BMW 320i ex works car for Colin Gallie in 1997 BTCC. Race Engineered Lister Sports car in 1998 for Julian Bailey, Tiff Needell.

DCRS along with our sister company Yortech Fabrications supplied bodyshells, roll cages, other components for race and rally cars including MSD Calibras, Lancers BTR, various other race and rally cars.

Designed and supplied all parts for Lexus Touring Car.

Packed up now, just riding my bike and playing my drums.

I lost all data from CC as we had a fire in 1993. Pete Clark was tragically killed in an air crash while he was doing a display in 1995.

Hope this helps some one.

Cheers Dave