View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2005, 08:49 (Ref:1484516)   #23
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I agree Chezza but also see Steves point of view, just maybe sam should not be quite so defensive because so what if he is trying to change things and if prepared to take up the cudgel, just go for it I am sure a lot of people will back him and these things need someone to take the helm or they dont happen.

I know that the RAC and MSA have split but years ago my mate was invited down the the RAC club in Pall Mall when they were together and he reconed the downright oppulence of the place had to seen to be believed and wondered at the time where all the money for this was coming from.

I personally have not been over happy for years with some ways the way the MSA is seen to conduct business, the transponder issue is just one that makes them be seen in a bad light although in fairness to them in many ways I feel they do a sound job but at a price. Some of Sam's suggestions if I am honest go over my head a bit but it is still good to see someone putting some alternative ideas up for discussion at least.

Answer me this someone. If we the majority UK amatuer club racer or lower etchelons professional (i.e not F1 or top level Rally and sportscars etc) were really dispondent with the MSA and they would stubbonly refuse to change is there anything stopping a like minded group of people setting up a rival organisation or is there something in law to curtail this?