View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2019, 07:26 (Ref:3900637)   #2250
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand the loss of enthusiasm, and you have been doing it a long time. How about a change of discipline?
I have just entered my first ever tarmac rally at 3 Sisters Kart track near Wigan. From their FB account:

“Plenty entries left on the Cetus Stages on Sunday 12th. may 2019, the second round of The 6r4.com Three Sisters Rally Challenge 2019 over £500 worth of cash prizes to be won overall and class wins for both driver and co-driver.

Regulations and online entry form can be found on the motor club website at :- www.wiganmotorclub.org.uk
28 stage miles, 12 stages on all sealed newly laid tarmacadum. Excellent facilities for competitors and spectators, entry fee only £165.00”

Looks good value to me. And each of the 12 stages will be like a long hillclimb or sprint run. We shall see.
Yes, you obviously need a suitable rally car but plenty available fir not massive money, particularly in Ireland. You also need a co-driver but i had a volunteer to sit with me after i posted a “wanted ad” on the british rally forum!