Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2018, 14:05 (Ref:3851599)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Stock front and rear wings - which are very basic indeed. Designed to allow cars to follow each other more closely by causing less disruption. This would do away with the need for DRS.

I actually don't fully subscribed to the notion that F1 needs "Fixing", but instead "tweaking". The above change would in my view improve the racing no end.

The prize money needs to be more fairly distributed among teams, but that would require someone with a degree not only in accounting but also politics to pull off.
Fixing also covers the financing of F1. Currently F1 is at the mercy of two of the world's car manufacturers, Ferrari and Mercedes and they dictate a lot of what goes in F1, to the detriment of the smaller teams.

I think one way this could be rectified is, if Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault don't have to supply the smaller teams. Instead, the door could be opened to independent engine manufacturers, that smaller teams can look to as an alternative.