View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 2018, 09:17 (Ref:3854849)   #6
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Hamilton on pole Bottas second looks good for Mercedes but I wonder what Verstappen might do from third, he will either make a demon start and upset a Mercedes 1-2 or give Vettel a hard time getting past to keep the championship almost alive.

If Hamilton is to win in Japan the title will be virtually in the bag with 4 races left and a points gap of over 50 points it will take Hamilton at least 2 non scores and a very poor result to be overhauled.
I wonder if Bottas is leading this time with Hamilton second will he be asked to move over again?
There’s a long race ahead. Still think Ferrari could be a threat but both the team and drivers had a bad day. Yes ferrari put them out on the wrong tyre but both Räikkönen and Vettel mucked up their chances on slicks by touching the kerbs....Vettel was particularly poor today. 3 off track excursions in 1 qualifying session, not seen that in a while.

IF Bottas is leading and Hamilton is 2nd I doubt they will ask him to move over again. Last race was a bit different with Vettel close behind and now he has a 2 race lead in the points it’s a bit safer than the 40 odd points it would have been