View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2018, 01:24 (Ref:3869324)   #1994
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I wouldn't dispute that. It's not the first time, and certainly won't be the last time, we have a driver with more budget than talent. I don't really have a problem with that - it's just the reality of motorsports these days.

My issue is not with Hamilton being on the grid, it's with the idea that anyone seriously considers him a 'big name'.
understand why you'd feel that way, though he's arguably a big name for a lot of casual spectators (who, being realistic, make up a solid percentage of any touring car crowd). whilst your good self and many of the others posting on this thread may not be swayed by a famous brother - the biggest active name in global motorsport, arguably - it does bring him attention. and his story of hard work and overcoming his disability resonates with a lot of people. a lot of folk will root for him - perhaps not as their cap or fleece of choice, but they'll look out for him, want to hear from him and want to meet him.

that makes him a big name, i guess.