Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3875883)   #330
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
To be fair Fred's only major mistake in 2012 was the first corner at Japan. In my view he deserved the title more than Vettel. To see him win the title in that undeveloped Ferrari would have been the equal of Rosberg in 82 and Prost in 86
That's the thing too - when Vettel has an off, even if he recovers, that's a major mistake. But Brazil 2012, the title is on the line, and Alonso is absolutely no where - he's left his skills at home, and he's off the road as well. Why is that a major mistake for Vettel, but for Alonso it's forgottten about?

Again, I'm an Alonso fan, and I do think Alonso is a better driver than Vettel. But they've both made the same types of errors when at Ferrari. It does suggest that the environment that the drivers have to operate in is conducive to these sort of problems.

Alonso had his shot at Ferrari. He had two very clear goes at the title and both times didn't manage it. Wishing Fernando was back at Ferrari ignores the history of what happened there. It's like wishing Nigel went back to Ferrari after 1992 - it didn't work out the first time, and second chances rarely work out either.

Ferrari have bigger problems to solve than the drivers, and always have done.