View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 2009, 21:44 (Ref:2574464)   #7
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit disappointed - agree with Redshoes about the timing, unless the BTCC guys have spare cars it pretty much rules them out - and no doubt there will be clashes with the other championships/ events the following weekend.

I can't see the Portugese or Italian rounds being much of an attraction to teams racing the main championships either, unless someone like Engstrom decides to not do the STCC, and just concentrate on the ETCC.

I hope its a success - but it just seems a bit of an odd thing to do when the independents are probably struggling more than ever to secure the funding to do their own national championships, let alone go and do these extra races.

I'm sure Engstler will be up for it tho if there are no clashes with anything else he is doing - he seems to really enjoy his racing, and there will be other teams that will be interested - I just think though that they'd be better off tagging it onto say 3 WTCC events in Europe, and then having 1 or 2 weekends for the ETCC guys at Salzburgring and somewhere else when the WTCC cars head off to Asia.

Hopefully they stick to smaller circuits like Braga and Salzburgring rather than giving us a 15 car field at Monza or Hockenheim.