View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3199341)   #13
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
Substantially better than any recent tier one meeting BUT, it would be even better to see some over-subscribed grids, as HD can cope with 40+ saloons.

Great to see CMC & Honda cup with good grids. Maybe Extreme GT (which has some awesome machinery) could have shared a grid with similarly paced cars such as older TransAms/Oscas etc? There is no problem in my mind with having two or more classes on a grid, as this is so much better for everyone. Empty grid spaces equals either a financial dent or a lost opportunity. V8 utes does nothing for me I'm afraid and a grid of 14 does even less. Suzuki could share with Mini to boost that grid, but then sponsorship gets in the way of full grids...

For many people, (me included), this is what would be called a true premier event, even without single seaters. Good to see and it deserves to be a successful meeting for all concerned - so lets hope they are all winners and no losers, financially speaking.
Next season they could also put the TLX cars in the Xtreme GT class if they upped the power a bit, I agree it does not matter having mixed grids in these sort of classes.

I don't know how much fuller you will get the Utes, 14 is not too bad I guess as probably most of the other owners seem to be doing Historic racing! If you want big grids there's the E30 BMW class but they're a bit dull I have to say...