View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2015, 21:26 (Ref:3565195)   #11
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And that's part of why I created this thread,

Evolution is easy, it's what's been happening with aero, to the point that they had to artificially undo it by DRS flaps.

If F1 one is to bring back limited ground effect, now is the time to come up with the ideas as to how this can be done in a controlled manor and done safely.

If that's a common floor, then lets get the idea out there for discussion, kick it around seriously. Lets see how much wing can come off for a specific floor pattern, and whether 2 test hacks using these can actually run nose to tail and slipstream?

But if F1 is going to be the pinnacle again, it has to be have something more distinctive. Place unmarked (or identically marked) F1, GP2 and WSR 3.5 cars next to one another and ask Joe public which is which, many would be hard pushed to get all three in the right order.

F1, I feel needs to set itself different from the rest, and it's that something appearing on a 2020 car I'm looking for in the discussions here.