View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2011, 07:02 (Ref:2850408)   #27
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi James, I was at Southern Loop on Sunday, the distance to the pits meant I stayed there until the end of the day when there was no sign of the TR5 in the pits. I should have a shot or two of you, have not checked photos yet.

It was a fantastic event in general, although as above I didn't see a lot bar on-track stuff, no wander through the pits etc. Things like the Stratos (the sound!), Rusty French's black Porsche showing a lot of speed from the rear of the field, and generally lots of really close-fought racing made it a great day out.

I was particularly impressed by the speed of John Briggs' Veskanda, which looked a lot quicker than last time I saw it. It didn't set the fastest lap (1:36.1) in the race I saw but pulled out a lot of ground on Jamie Larner in the Ralt RT2 in very short order before appearing to ease off slightly. In the first race on Saturday he ran 3.5 sec faster (1:32.5) - looking at the track's lap records that was some way off what John Bowe (who raced the car in its heyday) did in the car 11 years ago! (1:29.4) It takes a very quick car to lap under 1:30.