Thread: SKG's tracks
View Single Post
Old 30 Dec 2013, 21:23 (Ref:3349024)   #106
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I've finally cracked elevation change in sketchup. I've been experimenting for a while, the main issue is getting the barriers to follow the contours of the landscape.

This is a circuit that I originally posted in LuiggiSpeed's 1.5 mini circuit thread, but I felt that it lacked something, adding some up-and-down fixes this. Some of the gradients may be slightly steep, but I don't mind too much. It's my first circuit with elevation change and I got a bit excited...

The pit straight is level. the circuit slopes downwards through the first turn and continues down into a small dip before levelling out before the fast right hand kink. After the new turn 4-5 chicane the track slopes upwards all along the back straight, cresting just before turn 6.

The next section is a roller coaster ride, down, up then steeply down the looping turn 8. The crowd is close here, the walls closer. Then up and over the fast turn 9 and 10 before levelling off through turn 11. From here the track is flat until turn 1.

Let me know if you want to see any more images.

A late Merry Christmas and an early Happy New Year everyone
Attached Thumbnails
29 terrain.png   29 terrain pit exit.jpg   29 terrain hill.jpg  

29 terrain flipflop.png   29 terrain loop.jpg   29 terrain downhill.png