Thread: My Tracks
View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2002, 19:21 (Ref:391272)   #130
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've lightened the areas of track not used for the GP course, BTW... The track can be run in several different configurations, but this one is the fastest and longest.

It runs counter-clockwise, like all my tracks. The start-finish is in the middle of the pit straight.

Turn 1 is a monster. Only 5 degrees of banking on this corner, it's a huge test of grip. It leads onto a long straight, then into turn 2, wich has 35 degree banking. Most cars will have to brake going into this turn.

Shortly after exit, it's off the oval with a quick right-left combo, then a lazy right, following by a medium-speed left. These are the esses, little elevation change here.

Exiting turn 5, there's a short squirt down a straight, downhill, then into a tight right-hander. Not much runoff here. Possibly passing spot.

A medium length straight here into another passing zone at turn 7, an almost right-angle right-hander. After this, there's a flat-out curve to the left, then braking for the medium-speed turn 9. This exit leads into a super-tight hairpin... Cars'll be slowed to about 40mph here.

Exiting the turn 10 hairpin, the cars enter the fastest portion of the track. Uphill through the _long_ leftward curve that is turn 11, accelerating the whole way. At the end of this turn, the track reaches it's highest point. Turn 12 is a kink to the left, which takes a lot of courage to do flat out. Flat corner right after a dip.

Another straight, reaching top speed here, before braking just a bit heading into a left-right combo, turns 13 and 14, based a bit on Beckets. Very easy to go off here. Passing zone if you've got the courage.

Turn 15 is a wide hairpin, first decreasing then increasing radius. Lowest point on the track.

Turn 16 is taken flat, going uphill into the longest straight, which itself leads into turn 17, a slightly uphill increasing radius hairpin leading back onto the oval. Good passing opportunity.

Turn 17 is the turn from hell, with 50 degree banking. The G-forces _will_ cause the cars to bottom out if they take it flat.

I'm not sure how big it about... Somewhere between 3.5 and 4.5 miles.

Comments?

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 29 Sep 2002 at 19:26.