Thread: My Tracks
View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2002, 07:40 (Ref:398994)   #143
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This week's track is the A1-Ring. The A1-Ring is an OK track, IMO. But, these are the changes that I would make in order to make it better.

Now, I don't know anything about the surroundings of the A1-Ring, so I don't know whether these alterations are possible. Not to mention the cost of it, but I reckon this would be nice.

The run from the start line all the way through turn 1, down the straight and through turn 2 remains exactly the same.

The straight between turns 2 & 3 has been straightened, and lengthened by quite an amount. At around where turn 3 was, there is now a left kink (the new turn 3).

The straight continues quite a way after the kink, to turn 4. A tight, right hairpin. It is a very good passing opportunity.

Out of turn 4 is another straight. This is shorter, and leads to turn 5. Turn 5 is a very fast, double apex right.

Turn 5 is immediately followed by a very fast left - turn 6.

The new track rejoins the track at turn 7 (the old turn 5). This turn has been opened up, and is a bit quicker than the old turn.

The run down from the exit of turn 7, through turns 8 & 9 is exactly the same as the previous run (formerly turns 5, 6 & 7).

Shortly after turn 9, a new, fast, left-right esses has been added (turns 10 & 11). Turn 11 is slightly tighter than turn 10.

This new esses section has the benefit of opening up the old turn 8, and making what is now turn 12, a fair bit faster.

The run from the exit of turn 12, through the final turn and over the start finish line is left exactly the same.

What do people think about this?
Attached Images