View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2021, 09:49 (Ref:4033189)   #52
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lovely car John.

On the subject of Meadows engines one of my favourite reads is "From Chain Drive to Turbocharger" by Jenks. It chronicles the story of AFN Porsche going back to before the chain drive days. IIRC Nash were originally on East Hill in Wandsworth, a stone's throw from where I spent some of my formative years.

Also not far from the Young's Brewery.

Reading the MGOC magazine yesterday they have a piece on the P Type midgets. I'd forgotten the pace of development in engines at that time. Along with Meadows and others, power outputs were increasing quite dramatically in a very short space of time. Of course in the case of MG the four cylinder engines were less than 1000cc.