View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4087514)   #2541
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In my opinion, the answer is simple. When you are handing back a place, you are to move clear of the racing line and slow sufficiently to allow the following driver through comfortably.
Still can be viewed as ambiguous (what exactly does "slow sufficiently" or "comfortable" mean). But I do generally agree with that approach.

I think however what you are missing is the point that the overtaking driver should also know what is going on, or might potentially happen. And that this should happen before the leading driver provides the opportunity. I firmly believe that if Lewis had more information at his disposal, things would likely have played out differently.

Richard