Old 16 Oct 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1739246)   #15
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Does that mean that the older cars would need to carry different wheels and brakes for each championship entered?
Only if they wanted to Peter. They could, as at present, race on their period rubber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Forgive me but if so that's just plain daft. The reason that older cars are allowed into newer category races is to ensure the grids are filled (no problem with that) but what seems to be suggested is that the older cars will be limited to those newer categories thus reducing the grids in the more established championships.
Nothing to suggest that older cars would be limited to the newer categories. This is for people who are keen to get a second race and want to use newer rubber for that race, and get that rubber at a sensible cost.
If they want to move to the newer category permanently, I guess that they could fit bigger brakes, but nobody I have spoken to wants to do that as it would render their car ineligible for the period championship.