View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2020, 08:57 (Ref:3954676)   #2117
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mike, I think your last point is well made. Even over the past years I've always obtained a green card. An int driving licence is also easily got.

I do understand the concerns regarding border controls but with this grace period one hopes the organisations will get on top of them.

I feel quite excited because I'm sure this whole thing will bring new opportunities and let's look at it holistically. These days whilst europe is still somewhere to race, transport improvements mean even New Zealand is not beyond the bounds of possibility.

And of course those with experience of sending cars to those locations will also know what's needed to cross into europe.

Let's also not forget the proposed Freeport which if placed correctly will re energise places like Grimsby, Newcastle, Glasgow and Hull.

Also the possibility of re opening the fishing industry and returning to use, some of the railway lines (Fleetwood was in the news this week), will be unfettered by the EU rules of government support.

So it's not just about our sport but this year could be quite exciting.

CRM. The bank was talking complete bullocks. I've opened bank accounts all over the world. They just need to take cognisance of tax and transfer costs. Since the account would be in Euros any transfer would be subject to exchange rates into Sterling and possibly any taxation. I've had accounts in Netherlands, Italy etc. Also Middle East and Far East. Why would Brexit be a hindrance?

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 31 Jan 2020 at 09:08.