View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2020, 17:46 (Ref:3965584)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a sad ending to that story then.

way too many threads about the end of the world so may as well express this thought here. also its really about nothing in particular lol.

i know at some point this will all end and everything will go back to normal, but i find myself wondering how long it will take me to be willing to buy things like tickets so far in advance of the actual date of the event.

talking to people about their dealing with their insurance carrier, waiting for gov't to step in to declare emergencies, trying to get a hold of their airline to request changes, people stuck overseas and some who have been gone long enough they my lose their residency status.

with all that to contend with, why would i ever buy things like this in advance?

also over the past few years i, like many others, rely on the after market and 3rd party sellers for tickets. yes they are evil and usually you pay more but sometimes you pay less.

couple of years back bought tickets for Roger Waters in support of his latest album (not the Wall tour) the moment they went on sale (well actually pre-sale) and paid $250 per ticket. at the concert sitting next to a couple who bought that morning and paid under $100 per ticket.

of course its all a risk, but i suspect with ticket purchases this crisis may have permanently change my consumption habits.