View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2021, 12:28 (Ref:4081786)   #5808
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
If bjohnsonsmith's specs for Indycars are true, then the hierarchy might want to be careful how much they water down the cars (relatively speaking) despite how potent they are.

They're about 10% heavier and more powerful than F2. But I don't know if the weight of an Indycar includes the driver, otherwise, the gap is wider.

I'd presume Indycars a 2-3secs quicker, but I'm not as confident as a I was before I read bj's post.

If I was part of the Indycar hierarchy, I'd be working on getting pulling away from the performance of F2, without making a big deal about it as other classes would.

As it is, Indycar is probably about Formula 1.9 atm? I'd try and eek it out to Formula 1.6-7 range?

I got the car specs from the IndyCar website.

https://www.indycar.com/Fan-Info/IND...ar-Comparisons

I'm not too sure what you mean by watering down the cars?

As for performance, the current engine spec is coming to the end at the end of the 2022 season, with testing of the new engine starting next season.

There is also new chassis but that is not expected until 2024/25.