View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2012, 22:50 (Ref:3063342)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Story Here

Somehow it is not likely the story is as clear cut as moving chess pieces (race dates) around the board.

The stories out of places that may or may not include ICAC, suggest that with the impending investigation into the securing of the Homebush event, that all kinds of dirty laundry such as pricing, negotiations, profit margins etc. may enter the public realm.... with a logical conclusion that the funding and support for the Homebush event ceases to continue, by mutual agreement, after the conclusion of this year's event. Presumably a payment may or may not be made, depending on who has the bargaining chips.

So based on the possible activity above, it might be said that the 'new' event at Eastern Creek may be VESA's way of maintaining an event in the Sydney market, if/when its marquee Homebush street race may not continue...

Having said that, it was said on a number of occasions that perhaps the only way the VESA mob and the ARDC would get in a room together was if they were forced to... imagine if a landlord (NSW Government..) had a hand at introducing the love between the two parties, as a managed exit from the other event...

Clean, tidy, absolutely the wrong move. But neat.

Presuming any of this might actually have happened
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods