View Single Post
Old 8 Sep 2019, 22:59 (Ref:3926759)   #89
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
(part wishing part expecting)
I think it's best to stick to the facts and leave the 'wishing' part aside. We've had tons of lists in the past that were based on partial facts, partials wishes and partial fantasy and they weren't always received very well. Especially when there was no basis for something that was presented as 'fact'.

I can't see Renault go for Ocon and Gasly. I'd guess that they want to keep at least one of the current drivers aboard, just for the sake of continuity.
If Ricciardo were to move up, I think they'd keep Hulkenberg after all.

I can't see de Vries at Williams either, unless he brings a lot of sponsorship dollars. Unless Frits van Eerd opens his pockets, that chance seems slim.
If not Kubica, then maybe Latifi?

Despite all the Red Bull - Vettel rumours, I can't see that actually happen.
Seb's chances at success at what is essentially Max' team aren't really that better than at Ferrari I'd think.
The questions here are probably:
* What does Vettel still want to achieve?
* Does he have a contract for 2020 at Ferrari, and who is going to pay if he wants out? Would Red Bull be prepared to do that?
It all seems unlikely to me, but of course stranger things have happened.