View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2020, 02:39 (Ref:3971770)   #81
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyobi View Post
NRL requires 34 players (13 + 4 bench per side), plus some ancillary staff. Coach, medic, water boy. Add some camera staff (commentary doesn't need to be onsite), add some other medical staff, you'd be at 100 tops.

What about a Supercars event? 24 drivers, 3 crew per car, you're already pushing 100. Before you add marshals, medics, camera, more crew (you're not going to run them on 3 per car). Way bigger production, regardless of crowd.
Yet at least 34 of the NRL infield team, plus the trainers and the medical crew are physically inside the 1.5m social distancing requirements to the point of physical contact... while the motor racing lot need not be at that risk..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods