View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2015, 23:45 (Ref:3520666)   #35
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
It's an interesting and quite scary analogy. Of course, when I learned of Porsche's disaster first, my first thought was: "well, what did they expect from recycling the old V6 engine and then partnering with Footwork? Totally predictable."

What's truly shocking about the current McLaren-Honda alliance is that McLaren is supposed to be grand engineering powerhouse, and Honda has a year to observe and learn from the turbo V6 power units in action. I remember that some people from Ferrari camp were making noise that Honda is gaining an unfair advantage by entering a year after everyone switched to new engines. By now, it's clear that McLaren's current dry spell is a lot worse than McLaren's dry spell post-1993.
McLaren are notoriously formal, Honda are notoriously formal, both need approval for anything to happen from top management.

As they say a Camel is a racehorse designed by committee, well, the 2015 McHonda is an F1 designed by committee!